Some others feel proud that they can support a minister.
Why ministers will stay sitting down and going into trips paid by the church members?
Well, some ministers may not do much to justify a salary.
On the other hand, a real minister job often requires days longer than 24 hours.
- A minister spend long hours praying for everyone in church and all the problems within the community and plus.
- A minister needs to be current at issues in order to prepare sermons efficient to tackle the problems of his congregation.
- A minister spend hours on studying the word of God, analyzing its application to the daily life issues in order to be efficient on solving problems within his congregation.
- A minister needs to spend time with wife and children in order to maintain a model family to be able to lead the congregation as an example.
- A minister needs to be on time for the services to lead the congregation.
- A minister needs to be available when someone calls for an emergency or any other issue that requires his presence.
- A minister often needs to visit the people who are not coming to church and handle many different situations.
- A minister, depending on the congregation model, has to take time to train and supervise others to make sure everything is working as it should.
- A minister has to be present often at special meetings, seminars to prepare himself to do a better job.
- When there is a problem of hunted places or demon possessed, the first person to call is The Priest, whether is Catholic or from another congregation. So, the minister needs to stay focus and have time for meditation and preparation for any type of event.
- A minister is constantly thinking and trying new ways to attract the lost ones. This may require prayer, fasting, plenty of planning and preparation.
As you can see the work of a minister requires more than a spare time minister. Even a death end job, requires plenty of attention and time.
In the bible we see an example of a minister who also handled to have an outside job. This is the Apostle Paul who used to make tents to pay for his needs. He was not a burden to anyone. He worked with his own hands. But he also teaches that a church that supports a man of God get bless for supporting the work of God. On the other hand, a minister who supports himself, keep the bless to himself.
1 Timothy 5:17-18
17The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. 18For the Scripture says, “Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.”
Strong congregations, usually are happy with their leaders. Their leaders are example to their churches. They do not ask the congregation to be generous, they teach them and guide them.
Sometimes, they struggle as Paul also did on occasions. But, other times, they have abundance, as also Paul.